Thank you to all those who have submitted.
Judging for Tales of Our City has now begun.
Successful entrants will be informed by October 6th
TALES OF OUR CITY
For our Bristol Literature Festival event on October 20th, please submit any complete story or memoir set in or around Bristol.
If you’d like to send a story for our consideration, please observe the following:
- wordcount 500 – 1500 – complete stories please, no extracts
- your story can be published or unpublished as long as you have the right to read it out.
- deadline midnight Sunday September 22nd
- only submit if you can read on October 20th between 7 and 9 pm at Southbank Club, Dean Lane, Bedminster, Bristol BS3 1DB. We’ll let you know if you’ve been chosen in good time
- email your submission to writersunchained at gmail.com with ‘Our City’ in the subject line
- attach the story as a Word doc (or docx) or equivalent. Make sure you include your own name, the title and the wordcount with the text
We think this should cover everything, but if you have any questions we suggest you contact us via Twitter @bww_unchained or email writersunchained at gmail.com with ”Story Sunday query’ in the subject line.
Bristol 2018 by Daniel Durrans, finalist in the Peoples Republic of Stokes Croft Proper Bristol Postcard competition